It was a bit grey this morning, and noticeably dark when I wandered downstairs for my morning coffee. Di was still fast asleep, so I didn't take her a tea. There was no firm plan for the day, but we were expecting a delivery from Sainsbury's.
Around the delivery, I spent some time revisiting the code I had written back in June to extract data from the Skoda. With the help of Gemini Notebook, I developed a small Python stub that injected all of the data into a stream that could be read from a Rexx program. This gave me a lot more flexibility for extracting and reporting information. I'm not sure how I will use it yet, but I have several ideas at the back of my mind.
Di spent much of the day switching her wardrobe, taking the Autumn/Winter collection out of storage, and packing the Spring/Summer collection away. At one stage, I was not convinced there would be room to get into the bedroom to sleep tonight, but somehow it all got squirrelled away somewhere.
After lunch, I took the bull by the horns and installed a new SmartHub-7 broadband router. This is the latest box from EE and includes better tri-band WiFi. It went remarkably smoothly because I renamed the built-in ID to match the old hub and changed the WiFi password to match. Everything just reconnected and worked immediately. The only problem I have encountered was the fact they forgot to send out the replacement WiFi extenders to replace my old ones (which are not compatible). I can make do for now, but will have to call them tomorrow to get it sorted.
No comments:
Post a Comment