Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Service

 Ellie slept through the night and didn't stir until 6:45, by which time we were already awake (if not up). She was very good and finishing her breakfast, went up to wash and get ready for school.

Once we returned home from the walk to school, I took the car to the Skoda Dealer to have the emissions control problem fixed. I had checked in online, so just had to drop the keys and leave them to it. I plugged my AirPods into my ears and started the walk home with a new audiobook playing in my ears.

Once home, the morning was filled with admin. I checked the documents and details for the forthcoming river cruise. I checked my foreign exchange card (and yes, it does cover the countries we will visit). I then cancelled my current service contract with British Gas. It was clear from the survey that was done a couple of weeks ago that their annual service has been shoddy and had missed a long-term leak.

We had a quiet hour with our books before going to collect Ellie. As soon as we were back, I left them to it and walked back to Skoda to collect the car.

We got a video health check from Skoda. I had to chuckle as I watched it. The engineer clearly was having a problem with the technology and ended up cursing and swearing before he had switched the recording off. Ooops! Anyway, he did point out that our front tyres needed attention so I have booked the car in for two new front tyres on Friday. Meanwhile, the emissions control system is now working again and all warning lights have been extinguished.

No comments: