Search This Blog

Monday, April 08, 2024

Own Devices

 Last night was quiet and peaceful. There was no external disturbance to wake us. In fact, for a change, no internal disturbance from either Jasper or my bladder required attention. A good night's sleep all around.

Diane, Zoe and Ellie had plans. They were going shopping at West Quays in Southampton. Jasper was left in charge when they left at 10:00. I retired to my Study, assuming Jasper would ring a bell if he needed anything. I made the most of the time to look further at various ISA offerings, watching some YouTube videos and also chatting with Trevor. In the end, I took a small leap of faith and opened with Trading212 with a massive investment of £100.

I couldn't leave the house for a walk. We were expecting a delivery from IKEA. This finally arrived just as I finished my lunch. Being heavy, I unpacked the components and carried them upstairs bit by bit. I then set about assembling a new set of Kallax storage shelves for Ellie's bedroom.

Was this finally an opportunity for a walk? No, it started to rain quite heavily so I settled down with a book. Next thing I knew Diane and the girls were pulling up on the drive.

No comments: