Search This Blog

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Surface

 We had a very lazy start to the day. There was nothing of note. Diane did, however, have a telephone call planned with Jan. This meant that a) she needed to be prepared, and b) I would have an hour or two of relative quiet. Well, that's what I thought. As it happened Zoe called to ask if Ellie could stay with us while she and Darren went to the garden centre. I, of course, said that would be fine and Ellie was duly dropped off to look after Grandpa while Nana was on the phone.

It became clear that her Microsoft Surface (Windows 10) was not behaving as designed. The keyboard was not working at all, and the touch screen gave us the cold shoulder. I left her to play with various bits and pieces while looking for suitable replacements for the Surface. Zoe suspected that it was a charging issue and took it home to recharge. I am less than convinced. We'll see once it has been fully charged. I may have to replace the device.

The afternoon was spent with our books in the Orangery.

The doorbell rang. It was Ellie and her friend Neve. They had baked us a chocolate brownie each, covered with "sprinkles". They looked delicicious and I can confirm that they tasted delicious as well. Now, I just need to teach Ellie how to make a good curry!

No comments: