Search This Blog

Monday, April 01, 2024

Gross Tonnage

 We had a gentle start to the day. Our furry alarm clock was barely awake when I got up, but he did stumble downstairs with me and sat by the garden door waiting to be let out. The weather forecast for the day was mixed. In fact, it was optimistic as we had some unexpected rain showers just after putting a freshly washed duvet out to dry.

I have mentioned in the past that Ellie's sleigh bed weighs about the same as HMS Prince of Wales (but has no hangars or flight deck). A new bed was delivered last week, but today I had to dismantle the old one. The plan is that it will go to Zoe's and be used there. This meant that it needed disassembling carefully and in a logical sequence. As I worked, I photographed each step. This way the reassembly process should be a simple matter of playing the photos in reverse chronological sequence. It was quite a workout, but the components are now stored in the garage. The new bed has been assembled and Diane has "had a sort out". At least, if Jasper hides under this bed, I can lift it!

No walk today. I got more than enough exercise sorting out the beds.

No comments: