Search This Blog

Sunday, April 07, 2024

Excitement

 That was an "interesting" night. We went to bed at the usual time, read for the usual time, and went off to sleep as usual. At 01:50 I was woken by shouting and screaming from outside. I listened for a moment and when my ears tuned in, I realised someone was screaming threats down a phone as he headed for Bob's house (whoever Bob is). He then carried on shouting at Harry as the two of them headed through the estate. The threats sounded real and unpleasant. I decided this could not be ignored, so called the 999 and reported it to the Police. By the time I headed back to bed at 02:10, I saw a Police car drive by. It took a while to settle back to sleep and there have been no reports or feedback during the day, so I don't know the outcome

Diane had a big day planned. She would meet Kim and drive to Southampton where they would find a suitable spot for some lunch before attending a show by Johannes, from Strictly Come Dancing. I started to program the location of the nearest car park in the SatNav but soon realised that a huge number of roads were closed in the area. It was no use just picking the location and hoping the SatNav would find a route, I would have to set the whole route. Fortunately, the Skoda Connect app allows me to plot a route online and download it to the car. It took a couple of tries, but the route was plotted. Diane has reported the route was great and they whistled straight through.

I went for a walk around the wider neighbourhood. Listbet Salander's story continued to play through my AirPods as I walked. I'm 75% through the audiobook now and will hopefully finish it during the week. Once home, I had a snack for lunch and settled down with my Kindle. My book was finished and another started. It was so warm in the Orangery that I had to move to the Lounge.

No comments: