Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Shingle

We had to set the alarm for this morning. Diane had Pilates on her schedule, and I planned to go for a walk. It had been cool overnight, and it was overcast at first. 

We both left home at the same time. Diane, driving across to Angmering, and I walked to the bus stop to catch a ride into Bognor. My AirPods were plugged into my ears and my audiobook was switched on. I started by walking westbound to West Fields where I did an about-turn, and retraced my steps and headed up past the Lobster Pot towards Middleton.  The recent storms had swamped the walkway with shingles from the beach, making progress slow. I decided that enough was enough and turned back. I had been walking for about 90 minutes when I arrived back at the bus stop. As before, I had timed it to perfection with a bus waiting at the stop and the first drops of rain starting to fall as I walked to our front door.

Diane went into Chichester with Ellie and Zoe. I stayed put and my Kindle provided the backdrop to the afternoon as I finished my book and started on another. I was waiting for the heating engineer to return. He turned up as Di arrived home. He had come to explain the options that I had requested for changing not just the boiler, but also the heating controls. We chatted through the design and he went to check some aspects of the existing pipework. He's now going to come up with a new quote.


No comments: