Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2024

Jigsaw

There was a gentle start to the day as Di's alarm tinkled us into consciousness at 07:00. There was no need to get up immediately, but we did have to watch the time as Di was due at the Cardiac Rehab session. As it was such a nice morning, I left at the same time as Di and went for a walk around the neighbourhood. Within a few yards from home, I was again engrossed in the next part of "The Girl in the Spider's Web". As the book moves inexorably towards the conclusion, the tension builds up and I become even more intrigued by the story.

Once home, there was some admin to complete, and as lunchtime approached, I had to go and collect Ellie from a playdate with her friend Sophia. Zoe was having her nails done, so Ellie and I played until Zoe was free. We played cards, we did noughts and crosses, we played follow my leader, we did some colouring and drawing, and we started on a jigsaw of the United Kingdom. Eventually, Zoe arrived to collect Ellie, and peace returned.

Diane had gone out to meet with Kim and go to the tulip festival at Arundel Castle. They had trouble with traffic, trouble parking, and found that the tulips were past their best.

I spent the balance of the afternoon in the Orangery with my latest Kindle book.


No comments: