Search This Blog

Monday, April 22, 2024

Chilly

 There was a chilly breeze today and when I went to walk Ellie to school it felt quite damp. Having said that, we didn't get any rain until late in the afternoon. Ellie appeared tired and a little under the weather but by the time I collected her from school she was her usual mischievous self.

Diane went out for the day, meeting with Kathie at West Dean Gardens. She had a really good time and completed over 13000 steps - which she couldn't have done this time last year.

I went out for a walk during the morning and stopped off at the barber shop while out. The route just took me around the neighbourhood but, with my audiobook playing in my ears, I wasn't worried by the lack of landscape.

Back home, I completed some admin and then returned to a Kindle book (I usually have one Kindle and one audiobook on the go at the same time). As the time approached to collect Ellie, I set off for another walk with the aim of arriving at school as the gates opened. This worked out pretty well, though I arrived a little earlier than I had planned.

Diane arrived home just before 17:00 and we all settled down to dinner. With dinner over, Darren has just come to collect Ellie and take her home.

No comments: