Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Headwind

 Today saw another leisurely start. Diane was heading off to her Pilates session and I was intending to go for a walk. This meant that coffee was out of the question. With tea, I would not be pressured to stop at convenient public loos. The only real problem was that there was a penetrating drizzle driven by strong winds. The phone said it would stop before 10:00, so I took a waterproof jacket as insurance and headed for the bus.

At Bognor, I walked down to the Esplanade and started my usual route to West Park. It was hard going. There was a strong, blustery wind blowing straight in my face. I consoled myself that when I got to West Park and turned around, it would be helping me. My audiobook was chatting away in my ear as I marched - maybe because of the weather, the Esplanade was very quiet and I had it to myself, but for a few intrepid dog-walkers.

Walk finished, I headed for the bus stop. My bus was not waiting, this time, but one soon arrived and I hopped aboard. It was only as it diverted from the normal route that I realised I had hopped on the wrong bus. I hopped off at a convenient stop, took stock, and decided to walk home from there. It had been a good couple of hours and I was pleased with the exercise.

Once home, I grabbed a cup of tea and some lunch then settled down with my book until Di called to say she was on her way. I got some tea ready for her and we both retired to the Orangery with our books.

No comments: