Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 02, 2024

A Day of Two Halves

 Another gentle start to the day. With breakfast over, I headed off to the Skoda garage. The service chap came and looked at the errant warning light He reassured me that the car was safe to drive until we could get it booked in for a diagnostic session. Relieved, I returned to reception and got the car booked for Friday morning.

Back home I had some admin to complete and Di was awaiting the arrival of her friend, Pauline. I used her arrival as the trigger to go out for a walk. The sun was shining and it provided ideal conditions. I stuck to the general neighbourhood but extended some of the limits to increase my distance over recent walks. I was out for about 75 minutes and devoured another chunk of the audiobook "The Girl in the Spider's Web". I love the underlying theme of technology and AI that is central to the story.

Soon after I got home, Di and Pauline headed out for lunch at Runcton. I made do with some salad and smoked mackerel and then settled down with my latest Kindle book. The morning's bright sunshine was painted over with dark clouds, the rain started and turned the second half of the day into a wash-out.

No comments: