Search This Blog

Friday, April 05, 2024

Diagnostics

It was a gentle day. There was a strong wind, but it was warm and dry. Whilst there was no need for an alarm clock, we did have to leave the house at 09:00. I dropped Diane at the Cardiac Rehab session and then took the car to the Skoda dealer for the diagnostic checks to determine why the engine management light was displaying. As usual, I was accosted by a salesman trying to convince me to replace the Karoq with something else. As usual, I listened politely and declined the offer.

I plugged my AirPods into my ears, switched on "The Girl in the Spider's Web" and started to march home. Diane arrived soon after me and we had a quiet few hours with the news and our books.

At 15:45 I walked back to the dealer to collect the car. it was not finished. In fact, other than being washed, it hadn't been processed. I impressed on the receptionist the fact that I needed to collect the car and get to a pharmacy before it closed. Thirty minutes later, I was presented with the news that some canister and a valve needed replacing (at a cost of £550). The part needed to be ordered so I sat down and we agreed on an appointment for the fix. 

Keys in my pocket, I raced to the pharmacy for Diane's meds. After explaining why I was there I was getting concerned as they searched for the package. In the end, they checked their workflow system and it was clear the prescription had been filled but was awaiting a cross-check. That done I headed home, we had some dinner, and have a quiet evening planned.

No comments: