Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 06, 2024

The 1990s

It has been a mild, grey, dreich day. Ellie was dropped off at the usual time and munched her way through breakfast before going up to wash and dress. Once ready, she returned to the table to read some more of her book to Grandpa before school. 

Once back from the school run, we dropped into our mental list of chores. When they were out of the way, Diane returned to her sewing pattern and I updated the household accounts. With the accounts out of the way, I returned to the journal from the 1990s. I worked through until lunchtime but have only got as far as page 34 out of 178. I think this will take quite a while, but it is fun reminiscing as I read the letters we exchanged during my trips.

The afternoon was spent finishing my latest book and starting a new one. We collected Ellie from school, but she was only with us for about 10 minutes before Darren came to collect her.

No comments: