Search This Blog

Friday, February 16, 2024

Cables

There had been rain overnight, but it was drying up when I ventured downstairs for a coffee. I do enjoy these leisurely mornings when there is nothing in the diary. It wasn't quite the same for Diane. She had her Cardiac Rehab session at the local Community Centre.

Left alone, I finished reading the news and social media and then started to think about our forthcoming trip. We had decided to visit Greenway, the one-time home of Agatha Christie. Car parking is limited and needs to be pre-booked, so that was my first task. A suitable slot has been selected and our name is on it!

The thing about travel in the 2020s is the number of devices that we take with us. Each of these needs some form of charging device and an associated cable. Standards evolving, as they do, have left us with USB-A, USB-B, USB-B Mini, USB-C, and Lightning (1-4) connectors on the various charging cables. This means that at least one of each requisite cable type must be packed to keep the devices ready for use. I spent a couple of hours sorting through all the cable types I had accumulated. I then considered the charging devices (plugs) and sorted them. I decided I need some small, stackable boxes (Diane's idea), in which I can keep them all separated by type. The nice man from Amazon has promised to deliver them to me on Monday.

We frightened the car when Di got back from her exercises. We gave the interior a thorough clean. The car must think it's a birthday!

We had some quiet time with our books, and then Di returned to her sewing while I pottered about until it was time to start preparing dinner.

No comments: