Search This Blog

Saturday, February 10, 2024

Deliveries

It was 07:40 before I saw the light of day. We had both had a good night's sleep probably due to Jasper having an undisturbed night.

After the usual start to the day, I had the Cousins' Zoom call. We had a new participant today as Cate, the daughter of Simon, joined the call. She has just sold her car, is leaving her job, packing up her house, and preparing to come to the UK for an indeterminant period. Her idea is to settle in Inverness. I suspect she will notice the marked difference in temperature between Western Australia and northeast Scotland! It was a good call with plenty of ribbing and banter all around.

Yesterday evening, as we were watching TV and Jasper was snuggled on Diane's lap, he suddenly stood up and vomited. Di managed to catch most of it on his blanket, but some inevitably hit the floor. This morning I set about the residual stains with the carpet cleaner. We were lucky. Our quick intervention last night prevented any permanent discolouration.

The rest of the morning was spent working on the journals for the 1990s. I have now completed 47 pages and have 130 to go. 

As I tapped away at the keyboard, the doorbell rang. It was the postman delivering the printed version of the Journal for the 1980s, a package for Diane, and the new shoes I ordered. I unpacked the Journal and skimmed through it. It looks great. I unpacked the shoes and tried them on. They were a little stiff but I have been wearing them all afternoon and they are breaking in nicely.

The doorbell rang. It was the EVRI delivery driver with a package from Amazon for Diane. She was busy with her sewing pattern but interrupted her progress to check the package.

I settled down and finished my book during the afternoon. The doorbell rang. It was Amazon's own delivery driver with a pile of packages for us. Several of them were for Diane, and one was a new pair of trousers I had ordered during the week. I tried them on - perfect. I don't think we are expecting any further deliveries today.

No comments: