Search This Blog

Thursday, February 15, 2024

But It's a Dry Heat

At least it wasn't raining when I awoke. In fact, though grey, it was bright and the sun poked through later in the morning.

Once we had broken our fast and topped up our caffeine, we headed off to Sainsbury's (no longer having to wait for Ocado). It didn't seem to take us too long but the boot of the car was full by the time we set off home.

There was a bit of admin to clear. The meter readings were logged and the accounts were updated. Diane had retreated to the sewing room so I returned to my study and opened the 1990 Journal to continue with the editing. The focus was our holiday in the August heat of Arizona. I reviewed the old video masters and was able to piece together the story of the trip. Many outings were not supported by suitable photos so I had to perform frame grabs from the videos. This worked well, and by mid-afternoon the post facto journal of the trip was complete.

I settled down with my book for an hour before starting to prepare dinner. As I put the Kindle away, Zoe and Ellie arrived. They had just returned from their trip to Legoland. Ellie was clearly tired from the excitement, all the walking, and the travelling. She had enjoyed a wonderful day and was eager to provide us with a commentary on all the photos that were taken during the day. (I wonder if I can convince her that it is never too early to start writing a journal).

No comments: