Search This Blog

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Quotas

 I'm not saying that it was wet overnight and this morning, but there is a Fisheries Protection vessel patrolling the fields beyond the North Bersted bypass, keeping a close eye on a fleet of French trawlers and checking they don't exceed their quotas.

Fighting through the flooded roads, I drove to the Arena for football. We had a 6-v-5 turnout today. For once, I was on the team with 6. It still looked like we would get a sound thumping, but we dug in. We didn't dig deep enough. We were 2-0 down within a couple of minutes. It took us a while but gradually we got a grip on the game and ended up 13-9 winners. Unfortunately, towards the end, Paul tackled me, tripping both himself and me. He went down first, and I landed on top of him with my knee crunching into his ribs. He tried to play on, but it was clear that he needed to go off. We swapped a player for the last few minutes while Paul looked on.

This afternoon, enjoying the sunshine in the Orangery, I finished reading my latest book but realised I didn't have any new ones ready to go. I spent an hour or so looking through the offerings from Kindle Unlimited, downloading a selection of new books and making a list of others that had caught my eye.

No comments: