Search This Blog

Friday, February 02, 2024

MOT

We were up in time for Ellie to be dropped off. She was very chirpy this morning but wasn't interested in doing any schoolwork before we took her to school. This was fine as she was up-to-date with her homework. 

Back home, Diane got ready for her Cardiac Rehab session at the Community Centre. I had a quick breakfast and prepared to walk to the local surgery. I have probably mentioned that I was intrigued that everyone I knew was subjected to an annual health check (MOT), yet I was never called. This year, I have been. It started with a request to complete an online questionnaire which I submitted last month. Then I had an appointment for a face-to-face follow-up. I walked to the surgery for my 10:00 appointment (arriving early, as I always do). I was soon called into a consulting room where the nurse took an armful of blood, and then I was dismissed. Everything else had been covered in the questionnaire. At 09:57 I started my walk home. It had not been what you might refer to as "intense" or "thorough". I now await the results of the blood test.

Following up on my comment from yesterday, we decided to terminate the Ocado deliveries. It really doesn't make sense as we have to go out anyway for the "top-up". Cancelling the Ocado deliveries triggered some tinkering with the spreadsheet used for the accounts and some editing of the online shopping list. (I have managed to get "Siri" to put items on the list from any of my Apple devices, Watch, iPad, iPhone, etc.).

After an hour or so of reading in the lounge, we collected Ellie from school. She wanted to stop at the park, and as it had turned into a lovely sunny afternoon, we allowed her to let off steam with her school chums for a while. Back home, she did some maths homework and reading until Pete came to collect her for the weekend.

No comments: