Search This Blog

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Useful

I had a full night's sleep but didn't feel I had slept deeply. Never mind, there was coffee and toast to consume before I headed off to football.

We had a strange game today. It was a straightforward 5-vs-5, but at first glance, the teams seemed a little lop-sided. Within the first minute, we were 1-0 ahead. Within 3 minutes, we were losing 1-3. Within 10 minutes, we were losing 1-7. Then we started to find our MoJo (though I hadn't realised it had been mislaid). By halftime, the score was even at 10-10. The second half began and we went ahead, then they caught up. We went ahead again. They caught up again. The final score was 15-15, so clearly, the sides hadn't been lop-sided after all. It had been a great game, and I had provided assists for 6 of our goals, though didn't score myself. For the first Sunday game since returning, I felt I had really contributed and had played well.

Back home, Di had been pottering and was preparing to return to the sewing. I caught up on some social media and then submerged myself in my latest book until it was time to start on dinner. Zoe popped in a couple of times during the afternoon. Firstly to borrow our vacuum cleaner and then to return it. She has a new one on order. Ellie was due back from Pete's at 15:00 and was then heading off to a sleepover for her friend Bonnie's birthday.


No comments: