Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Always Check

We had several phone calls yesterday evening - all from Zoe, Ellie, or Darrren. Once Ellie was in bed, Zoe phoned, she was greatly excited that Darren had managed to score some tickets for an overnight stay and entrance into Legoland for an incredible price. It sounded almost too good to be true. We wished them a good time and returned to our TV programme. Fifteen minutes later, Darren called back. They had started looking into the details of the offer (which they had already purchased). There was a fly (or should I say flight) in the ointment - the tickets were not for Legoland in Windsor, they were for Denmark. A few frantic phone calls were made, and they managed to get a refund. It did send me off to bed with a chuckle.

The alternate pillow was much better last night. I slept well. I woke to a grey, wet morning with persistent rain forecast for the rest of the day. After a quiet breakfast, we got ready for our Wednesday sports. We drove to Angmering, and I dropped Diane at her Pilates session. I then carried on to Worthing for football. It was pretty miserable out on the pitch, but we played without goalkeepers so that nobody was left standing still. The game was great fun, made better by ditching the 3-touch rule and ignoring the "walking" part of the game. The final score was 8-7 (to the other team), but I felt that I had played well and stopped a lot of attacks. I was, however, soaked to the skin. I'm getting back into the swing of it.

Back home, a quiet afternoon was planned. Diane returned to her sewing after a frustrating session trying to sort out a problem with Amazon. I was called into action to collect Zoe from the local tyre fitters. They were fitting 3 new tyres to her car and it would be a while. She didn't want to wait, so Dad's Uber was summoned. Back home I settled for a bit, knowing the return trip would be needed. The call came through and I took her back. Finally, I could settle with my book - which I finished.

No comments: