Search This Blog

Sunday, February 04, 2024

Stand down

We couldn't muster sufficient players for football today. This meant there was no hurry to get going and I allowed myself the luxury of a lie-in until 07:45. I grabbed a coffee and read the news until Di emerged an hour later.

Once the day had started for real, I returned to Ellie's bedroom carpet and had another session trying to clear the stains left by Jasper last week. Whilst they are better than they were, there is still some faint, residual discolouration.

My journal from the 1980s was next on my agenda. In fact, I spent the rest of the day finishing the main edit and then going back through refining the index. It was finally complete and I have sent it off for printing. Next, I will start on the 1990s - a great deal of which is documented in letters rather than diary entries.

Di, meanwhile, finished some ironing and then spent the rest of the day working on a sewing pattern. This occupied much of the kitchen work surface - which is ideal for projects. She finished just in time for me to start on dinner.

No comments: