Search This Blog

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Harking back

Another grey start to the day - and I'm not referring to the colour of ever-diminishing hair. I consumed the jump-start coffee and the online newspapers then prepared for the call with my cousins.

Like last week, we had another new face on the call. Simon's son Dominic dialled in from Western Australia. He's in the Australian Navy but is back home at the moment. It was a good call with plenty of teasing and banter.

The nice man from Amazon arrived with my new charging cables, plugs, and storage boxes. I grabbed my label maker and set about separating all the cables into their respective boxes and labelling them. I even found a good place to store them. Very satisfying.

The rest of the day saw Diane in her sewing room and me watching old videos from the 1990s. This has helped me fill in more gaps in the 1990's journal. It has also provided some still frames where normal photos don't exist. Progress on the journal is slow, I have just started to process June 1991. There is a long way to go! I have just realised that another data source that will help fill in some gaps is the collection of emails and letters I have archived. It is a good job that even in the 80s and 90s I was already making sure that I retained my various communications.

No comments: