Search This Blog

Friday, February 09, 2024

Day Off

Oh yes, I forgot. I'm retired and every day is a day off. Not that I'm gloating!

After my morning coffee, I wandered around to Zoe's. Ellie was not exactly bubbling. Today, after school, she had the Valentine Disco. Clothes were selected and bought, and the outfit was settled on Monday. This morning, it was "all change". She still looked as cute as a button, but there had evidently been some stress involved in the final selection. Zoe and I walked her to school, and by the time she was there, she was back to normal. 

I came home for another coffee and some breakfast while Diane headed out for her Cardiac Rehab session. While she was gone, I tried to solve a niggling problem I had been experiencing with the SIM in the car. When working, this should keep me in touch with the latest travel data and Skoda's various "connected" services. I had my notes and was ready to pounce when Di returned with the car. As it happened, there was very little to do. I re-seated the SIM card, and everything burst back to life. I suspect it had shaken loose as I traversed the potholes that make up the local road surface.

After lunch, the sun had come out and the Orangery was beckoning. I grabbed my Kindle and settled down to read. Within a few minutes, Kim arrived. (As explained earlier in the week, she has some vacation days to use up). She settled down with us, and we had a lovely couple of hours catching up on her news, her recent break in the shepherd's hut, and Jon's trip to see his Mum.

After she left, we returned to our books until it was time to collect Ellie from the Disco. Clearly, all the kids had enjoyed themselves and were now looking forward to half term. By the time I got home with Ellie, Pete was waiting to sweep her up and take her home for the weekend.

Overall, it was a quiet day - a day off.

No comments: