Search This Blog

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Spa Break

I was awake early, much earlier than was necessary. Rather than disturb Diane, I snuck downstairs, made a coffee, and started on the day's news. It was another hour before I heard Diane moving about. Once we had settled into our morning routine, I headed to my study for the weekly Zoom call with the cousins. We had Dominic on the call today. He is currently stationed on an Australian Fleet Auxiliary vessel in Sydney Habour.

Once the call was over, we had some preparation for Jasper's Sap Break. We got everything ready and grabbed him. He was deposited in the carrier and we drove him to the cattery. He wasn't as vociferous as usual but still had plenty to say as we made our way to Sidlesham. Mark, as usual, greeted him (and us) with open arms. Jasper was settled in no time and we headed home. 

We've had a quiet afternoon with Diane pottering in the garden for a while and I finished off a couple more books (that's 50 completed this year - with 2 more on the go).

We have a quiet evening planned.

No comments: