Search This Blog

Friday, April 19, 2024

Feeling Tyred

 For the first time in several weeks, I had my alarm set. We we expecting Ellie to be dropped off soon after 07:00. She bounced in and demolished the breakfast I had prepared before going up to wash and get dressed for school. We walked her to the classroom door and left her as she ran into her form room.

Once home, I had some breakfast and read the news while Diane headed off to the Cardiac Rehab session at the Community Centre. When she got home I updated her on the admin (I had accepted the quote for the complete switch of our existing boiler and all of the thermostatic controllers. This is scheduled to start in May). I then headed off to get the front tyres on the Skoda replaced.

While the mechanics were working on the tyres, I took the opportunity to go for a walk and listen to more of my book. The tyre change took about 40 minutes and it was nice to drive home knowing they wouldn't need replacing for another 4-5 years.

After a bite to eat, we settled in the Orangery. I read (and finished) my current book, and Di did some sewing. Just as it was time to go and collect Ellie, the heavens opened and we had a real downpour. I convinced Di to stay put, and I collected Ellie by myself. Once home, she started on some homework until Zoe came to collect her.

No comments: