Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2024

Excited

 While it wasn't sunny, it was at least warmer this morning when I went to collect Ellie. She was quite excited. They had been asked to bring their dancing gear so that they could perform in front of the school at the Assembly

Once home, I had breakfast and prepared for a busy morning. Well, I expected it to be busy but it turned out to be fairly relaxed. We have the heating engineer coming to sort out (i.e. replace) the boiler and heating controls. He is due to start the day after we return from a short break so I needed to clear stuff out of the way for him so that he could work safely. I expected this to take an hour or two but had finished in about 45 minutes.

After some admin, I set out for a walk. I took a slightly different route to encompass a new development. I had watched these houses going up but had never really explored the site. I must say that there were some very nice homes on the development.

Di had spent the latter part of the morning adjusting a jumpsuit for Ellie. I provided cups of tea regularly before stopping for lunch and retiring to the Orangery with my latest book. When Di had finished and grabbed lunch, she too joined me with her Kindle.

Lorraine was collecting Ellie from school so that she could enjoy a playdate with Maddie. We just had to get her back here in time for Pete to collect her for the weekend.

No comments: