Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Early start

 It was an early start as Ellie was dropped off soon after 07:00. She had only just woken up and was wrapped in a warm onesie. She burst into the house, shed her shoes, and charged upstairs to see Nana. I sheltered in the kitchen and prepared her breakfast while making tea for Diane and a coffee for me. Ninety minutes later we dropped her off at school and headed home for our own breakfast.

Di had a phone call scheduled with her friend Marilyn. I took the opportunity to go out for a walk. I headed around the development and then down North Bersted Street towards Shripney.  I was stymied by the flooding though. I could get almost as far as the bypass, but the stretch of path leading to the crossing was still underwater. I turned around and headed back.

Arriving home, I bumped into Ian, from next door. They had just returned from a long weekend in Sidmouth and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. He commented that he wished they were still down there. (we understand the sentiment).

We had our usual "Kindle hour" after lunch and then went to collect Ellie from school. She wasn't here for long as Zoe finished soon after four this afternoon.

No comments: