Search This Blog

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Afternoon tea

 The rain beat down against the front of the house all night. It had stopped by the time I went downstairs, but it remained very wet for a few hours. We had a few quiet hours during the morning as I started to gather plugs, adapters, and chargers that might be needed when we are away. At midday, Diane headed off to Chichester to collect Kim. They were meeting with Denise, Emma, and Becky for "Afternoon Tea" at Goodwood House.

I grabbed my AirPods and jacket and headed off for a walk. I stayed in the general neighbourhood but explored some streets I hadn't previously been down. I was out for about 90 minutes and realised that I had been so engrossed in my book that I couldn't remember the route I took to get home.

I spent the afternoon with a Kindle book and then prepared a chicken casserole for dinner. This was big enough to cover this evening's and tomorrow's dinner. Ellie is with us overnight as Zoe has a stock take tonight.

Tomorrow I must focus on packing.

No comments: