Search This Blog

Saturday, October 21, 2023

Sentient

There was some heavy rain overnight. (This is the time when rain should be scheduled, rather than during the day). My day started with the cousins' call. There wasn't too much to report, but there was a great deal of banter as usual.

With the call over, I decided to start crafting the accounting spreadsheet for 2024. Each year, this is refined further, and then during the year, I spot additional refinements that can be incorporated in the following version. Today, I started to work through those refinements on the 2024 template. I am already convinced that this is a significant improvement on the 2023 spreadsheet. It's not quite sentient but it is certainly much more automated and much clearer to view and update.

The other long running task for the day was to cook up another batch of curry. A curry base was developed and cooked before a kilo of beef was added with 750ml water and it was allowed to simmer for 4 hours. I had one portion of this for dinner (which was superb) and managed to portion up 6 more to be stored in the freezer for future weeks. 

No comments: