Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Always learning

 It was a fairly usual start to the day. Ellie was dropped off for breakfast and to get ready for school. I walked her to the classroom while Diane got ready for her Cardiac Rehab session. She disappeared off to the Community Centre just as I returned from school. Her session went well and she had a chance to talk with the cardiac nurse for an update. All seems to be going well and is on track even though her pulse is still spiking occasionally.

I returned to the codeface. A few minor mods were made to the data extract program and I re-ran it. This produced a very serviceable CSV file which, in turn, became the basis of an Excel spreadsheet. The extracted data then had to be summarised and a facility was provided to examine small date ranges. Now, I'm a little rusty but was convinced there was a good way to do this. Several hours with YouTube educated me about the use of "Dynamic Arrays" and the subset of commands that can work with them. These are new features, introduced in 2019. I had never heard of them before but fell in love with them immediately. The hours they would have saved me when I was still at work would have been considerable.

After trying a number of different designs, I came up with one that suited our needs and should allow the data to be presented to the GP if necessary. Diane has just taken a look and given it the seal of approval.

No comments: