Search This Blog

Saturday, October 07, 2023

Renovation

I had a lie-in. It was 07:35 before I emerged. I couldn't lie there all morning there was coffee to drink and tea to make for Di.

Being Saturday, there was the cousins' call. This was the first one that I had attended for several weeks. It was nice to see them all, and good to hear about Tim's recent trip to Venice. In turn, they were interested in our cruise to Norway. While the call was in progress, Zoe and Ellie turned up. Zoe had brought back my MacBook as she no longer needed it.

The call completed, and I pressed the button to allow the iMac to upgrade to Sonoma (the latest release of the OS). I then went back to the family room and erased the MacBook before reinstalling it from scratch. The upgrade of the iMac was very quick. Surprisingly so. It seems to be just fine and everything I have tested is working as expected. The rebuild of the MacBook took longer but was completed without incident.

The fresh MacBook was deliberately reset so that I had a clean platform on which to download and try some software. BSF4ooRexx creates a bridge between the ooRexx language and Java. In the past, I have tried to install it once or twice and always ended up with a bit of an unsatisfactory mess. This time, with a couple of false starts, it appears to have been installed properly. I will test it further tomorrow. If it works, it will open up some new coding opportunities for me.

While this was going on, Diane was in the garden. She was pruning and dead-heading as she tidied up for the autumn (making the most of the lovely sunny weather).

No comments: