Search This Blog

Saturday, October 28, 2023

The Early Years

 After the usual cousins' call, I settled back down to the old journals. Meanwhile, Diane returned to her sewing pattern. She is trying to develop a pattern for trousers that can be reused in multiple styles but will fit her perfectly.

It took several hours, but I finished the first pass of the 2000-2004 journal. It has left me with a "to-do" list to document various events that I had not previously mentioned but, in the grand scheme of things, really needed to be addressed.

I then moved on (or should I say back?) to the 1970s. Here, I had sparse entries covering the purchase of our first house, our marriage, and several other events. As I write, I have only got as far as 1974. What it has shown (again) is the value of the photo library that I have developed over the years. Some events are only documented through their photos, there was no accompanying journal entry at the time.

No comments: