Search This Blog

Monday, October 23, 2023

Just pottering

 A bit of a grey start to the day but it soon brightened up. We were not intending to go out, so the weather had little impact.

Diane had a phonically scheduled with Pauline so that accounted for the morning. She had another call arranged with Jan Mabbott so that accounted for the late afternoon.

I started the morning by attempting to implement a Plan C for the transfer of data from the blood analyser. My thought was that if I could use the browser to see the reports that it generated, then I could open a terminal window and explore what else was on the device and hopefully find the data. Well Plan C did not work from the MacBook. I then decided to try it from a Windows laptop. Again, no joy. I spent some time with Google but failed to find anything useful. I suspect we are going to have to make do with the reports and records on the device itself.

I returned to the spreadsheet for 2024's accounts. A few more tweaks were made. Any further changes would be gilding the lily. I think it's ready for prime time. Now, I just need to await the New Year.

I prepared the Manzo Piccante for dinner this evening. I think it was a lot better this time. I left the mozzarella until I was almost ready to serve up. This was much more stringy and juicy.

No comments: