Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Clean up

 Ellie was full of beans when she burst into the house this morning. She was "up for it" as they say! We deposited her at school at the allotted time and wandered home for breakfast.

Our day was focused on cleaning, dumping, sorting, and swapping. The chap from "Wash 'n' Gloss" was due this afternoon so I had to switch the cars around. I also had to check the various cubby holes and the boot to remove anything that would get in the chap's way. It was when I opened the boot that I remembered that I had dumped six metric tonnes of my old clothes in there after I last sorted out my wardrobe. A trip to the dump was required... and the mention of the trip begat more and more detritus that needed to go. Eventually, I headed off. I suspect the front wheels hardly touched the ground as I had so much in the back. It didn't, however, take long and several industrial skips were now full.

Diane took the opportunity to do her 6-monthly clothes swap. The autumn/Winter collection was retrieved and the Spring/Summer collection was stored away. This took most of the afternoon, much to the consternation of Jasper whose sleep was being disturbed (Karma, eh!).

"Wash 'n' Gloss" arrived and set to work on the Fiesta. I had requested the "Full" valet service and boy was he thorough. All in all, it took him 3 hours during which he crawled through and cleaned every crevice, every bit of glass, every millimetre of paintwork, the wheels, the tyres, the boot, and every millimetre of upholstery, the interior fittings and switchgear.  When he washed it, it looked as if he was contemplating giving the car a shave! 

I was immensely impressed. The finished item looked like a brand-new car, straight from the showroom. As soon as he had finished I put the car back in the garage as rain is forecast for the next couple of days.

While the valet was underway, I took some time to call "The Art Den" in Sidmouth and order a companion painting to the one that Jane and Trevor gave us for our Anniversary. The owner of the shop remembered Trevor - though that is hardly surprising - and promised to dispatch the artwork tomorrow for delivery on Friday. 

Nothing else is scheduled for today.



No comments: