Search This Blog

Sunday, October 08, 2023

Success

 It was another lovely day. Diane made the most of it, spending more time tidying up in the garden. Before going out she alerted me to the fact an update had failed on her iPad. It needed more space. Finding and removing some old or irrelevant data took a silly amount of time. Eventually, it was done and the update was applied.

I returned to the exercise that I had started yesterday. It seemed strange that the bridging component I installed had no test or sample programs. Eventually, I asked the programming community and they confirmed that those files should have been installed. I uninstalled (removed) the component. I downloaded a slightly different installation package and installed that. Voila! The test cases and samples appeared and the code burst into life. Now I feel a little more confident about installing it on the iMac (Condor).

I was feeling smug so I shut the MacBook and spent much of the afternoon reading in the Orangery, while Diane sat and read in the garden (I have explained before that I am not a great one for sitting in the sun).

No comments: