Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Domesticity

Diane was out the door early this morning. She had a health assessment at the Cardiac Rehab clinic to determine how much progress had been made. This was followed by the usual exercise session so it was mid-morning before she got home.

I took Ellie to school and then came home for breakfast before wading into a pile of ironing (much of which was mine). When Diane arrived home and we had chatted about the assessment over a cup of tea, she took over the ironing as it was getting to the fiddly, delicate items (with which I cannot be trusted). I retired to write down the recipe from last night's dinner.

After lunch, we had an hour or so with our books before going to collect Ellie. As usual, we stopped off at the park which seemed unusually busy today. While standing and watching Ellie we returned to a conversation we had started a few weeks ago. Was it really sensible to have two cars? Would it be better to sell my Fiesta? When we got home, I arranged to have the Fiesta valeted and contacted Evans Halshaw to get an idea of its value. I was pleasantly surprised, so I have arranged to have it inspected by them next Monday for an accurate quotation. Let's see what they offer.

No comments: