I was up soon after six. There was no real need, but a message from my bladder suggested that some intervention was required. It didn't seem worthwhile going back to bed, so I made some coffee and read the overnight news. Di came down soon after seven. Zoe has the day off, so Ellie wasn't with us at all today.
Once we were properly up and about, I returned to my coding for a bit, adding some additional cross-references in the reports. Then I shut things down for the rest of the morning. Di had an appointment with the hairdresser, so I drove her to the salon, then stopped off at Sainsbury's for the weekly shop. By the time I had finished, driven home, unloaded the car, and put the shopping away, I received a call from Di to say she was ready. I whizzed into the town and collected her,
Early afternoon, I returned to my code and ran the first program against my whole photo library (in 10 separate runs). As I finished, it was time to take Di into Chichester for her dental appointment. I went up to the dentist's waiting room with her as the stairs are very steep. She introduced herself to the receptionist, and I announced that I was her security detail. While she was seen by the dentist and then the hygienist, I sat and read my Kindle.
It was 16:30 by the time we arrived back home. I had a quiet 15 minutes before starting on dinner. Tonight was gammon, egg, and chips (it's one of Di's favourites).
No comments:
Post a Comment