We had a normal start to the day. We are nothing if not consistent. We got on with a few domestic chores first thing, but there was no need to overdo it!
Mid-morning we launched ourselves onto the highways. The first stop was the vet's, where we had to collect some meds for Jasper. Then, much to the surprise of the car, we didn't head back home (it was, after all, getting used to the journey to the vet). Instead, we drove up through the Downs and up to Milford. We were heading for "The Refectory", where we were meeting with Jane and Trevor.
We arrived a bit early, but by the time we had used the facilities, J&T had arrived, and we settled down for a coffee. We then made our way to our table for lunch. Di chose the steak sandwich, and I had a southern fried chicken burger. With the decisions made, we got on with the important stuff - family news, general gossip, health, and Jane's proposed switch to an iPhone. In this last case, one of the things she was worried about was moving her notes from the Samsung to a new phone. I used this as an example of how Gemini (AI) could be useful, and asked it for suggestions as to how this could be achieved. It came back with a clear set of options, which I forwarded to Trevor. We had a lovely few hours chatting before saying our goodbyes and heading home.
We had a good run back and settled down for a quiet evening. Zoe called, just as I was shutting the laptop. Had we got a sack barrow? Well, of course. Could she borrow it? Well, of course. Could I take it round? Well, I did, and it gave me a chance to look at the progress in the back garden. I offered some encouragement and a few words of advice and then left her and Hannah to it. I think it will look very good when it is finished.
No comments:
Post a Comment