Search This Blog

Saturday, August 08, 2026

Not quite

 I was up just after 6:30. I snuck downstairs because Di was still out for the count. I grabbed a coffee and started looking through the news. I was interested in a piece about how Sweden had reduced their influx of illegal immigrants, and another on the folly of the current PM's council house building schemes. These, I thought, would provide grist for the mill when it came to the call with the cousins. As it happened, however, it wasn't up to me to wind up Tim; his brother Chris lit his blue (or should it be red) touchpaper, and we all sat there chuckling while he went off on a predictable diatribe.

Once the call was over, I went to Zoe's to have a look at the progress that was being made on the landscaping, and to retrieve our sack barrow. I must say the garden is looking very smart, even if the slabs have just been positioned directly on the earth for now. They will have to be taken back up so that the hardcore can be put down and tamped.

When I arrived home with the sack barrow, I shifted a couple of large pots that Di wanted relocated. Once that was done, I returned to my little project. I soon discovered another anomaly that meant I had to make a small change to the program I thought I had finished yesterday. It was not quite right. It now seems to be working as required, and I have spent the rest of the day developing the second program in this suite of utilities. This program has come on very well, and I must now knuckle down on the last points of the design.

Di spent the afternoon pottering in the garden. (It's a good job we had raised beds installed when we had the garden landscaped.)

No comments: