Ellie stayed with us overnight. Zoe was on an early shift, and Ellie couldn't be bothered to get up early. She was still fast asleep when I got up at seven, and Di was snoring quietly as well. I snuck downstairs and made a coffee, then sat and read the overnight news. The sleepy heads emerged at eight; I went to wash and dress and headed off for my morning walk. I took a slightly different route today, but it added up to the usual distance.
Once I was home, I grabbed breakfast and chatted with Ellie until her friend Natalie knocked. She was with us for the rest of the day. This was Ellie's first exposure to other kids since she came down with chickenpox. She was somewhat overexcited, and two excited nine-year-old girls can squeal at a pitch that would send bats mad and make dogs howl from several miles away.
I settled down with my little coding exercise, which had been on the back burner since we went away last week. Various bright ideas had percolated up through my consciousness, and today I got the chance to implement them. I would say that this particular part of the project is two-thirds complete, but this last third should be fairly quick to write, but a little longer to test.
I got on with the ironing after the girls had their lunch. There wasn't a huge amount, and I was soon finished. By mid-afternoon, Zoe had arrived to collect the girls. We waved them off, and then settled down with our Kindles in the Orangery for an hour or so before dinner. (I did manage to finish another book and start on a new one).
No comments:
Post a Comment