Search This Blog

Monday, August 03, 2026

Bloods

We were up at the usual time... around seven-ish. It was clearly going to be a glorious day again. I really could get used to summers like this. It's very much like summer in and around Poughkeepsie.  We had the usual quiet breakfast and got on with some domestic chores.

Jasper hasn't been his usual self, and Di had managed to get an appointment at the Vet. We swept him up and put him in the carrier, then headed across to Oving. I helped carry him into the consulting room and left Di and the vet to it. They were there for a good 25 minutes, and various tests and blood tests were done. We are due back tomorrow for the results (and a bit of grooming). He has been very lethargic since we got home and really isn't eating the way he normally does.

Once home, I went off to the village to get some cash and to get my haircut. There was a new barber on duty when I arrived, and he gave me a fairly severe treatment. I'm sure it will grow back eventually! I wandered back home afterwards, having thoroughly enjoyed the first proper walk for a month or so.

I spent the afternoon writing and testing code. This always makes me feel great, even if I still have a long way to go until it is finished. Having dropped the manuals into Gemini-LM, I must say that the ability to ask AI how to do something is saving me heaps of time wading through the manuals.

No comments: