It was Boeing Time before I got up (7:07) and went down for my coffee and to make Di a tea. The first part of the morning followed the usual pattern. As I finished my breakfast, I completed the shopping list ready for a raid on Sainsbury's.
We stopped off at the local doctor's surgery on the way to Sainsbury's, but were pleased to see that the shop looked quiet (judging by the car park). We wandered around the store, slowly but surely, filling the trolley. We have a BBQ-style lunch planned for Sunday (and Zoe's birthday). This meant getting a whole lot of stuff that we don't usually consider. We don't even have a BBQ any more, so we'll have to cook it all in the oven.
The shopping trip didn't take too long, but it took nearly as long again to stow everything away. Once that was done and I had made us some tea, we settled down for some admin. Di completed hers and was invited over to Zoe's to see the progress being made on her garden redesign. I stayed at home and finished the program that I have been writing for the last week or so. I then moved on to the next program, which will process some of the information captured by the first one. This took me the rest of the afternoon, and I still have a way to go. I am pleased, however, that I have learnt so much during this exercise. I'm sure it will prove useful in the future for other projects.
Once Di returned home (suitably impressed), I started preparing dinner. Tonight it was freshly made mixed salad with chicken Kyiv.
No comments:
Post a Comment