Search This Blog

Monday, August 28, 2023

Kondo? Really?

I slipped quietly downstairs soon after 7:00. I opened the blinds without disturbing Jasper or Diane. The Nespresso machine burst into life. Soon, my caffeine stream would be replenished. 

Several domestic chores needed attention. The most pressing of these was to wash the floors, so I dug out the steamer and set to work. It didn't take too long, and as I finished, Zoe and Ellie dropped in after their morning shopping trip.

The next chore was to "Kondo" my wardrobe. This was crammed full. Many of the shirts hadn't been worn since I retired. Many of the sweatshirts had been used (and ruined) by Jasper in his wish to nest on the wardrobe shelves. Some trousers were too big, and many trousers were too small. The trousers that were too small were vacuumed into a plastic bag for storage. Everything else considered superfluous was piled in the corner until we had an edifice the size of Ben Nevis. This pile was eventually dismantled and stowed in the boot of my car, ready for a trip to the tip.

It was late afternoon before this was finished. Maria Kondo would have been proud of the results.

No comments: