Search This Blog

Monday, August 07, 2023

Vets

I eased into the day soon around 7:15. Coffee was consumed, the news was digested, and the day began.

The morning chores were soon out of the way and I decided that it was time for a haircut. Strolling into the village I concluded that the problem I have been having with my knee is not settling down. I have been wearing a knee brace for football, but the problem is not improving. I have decided not to play this week in the hope that it will settle with rest and gentle exercise. As I finished at the barber's he asked (again) if I was a pensioner. I said I was and had been for many years. His response was that I obviously had a good life and a good wife. What could I say? He got it in one!

This afternoon, Jasper was scheduled at the Vet. It was time for his annual checkup. We managed to sneak up and drop him into his carrier without too much drama. Having said that, he yowled the whole way to Chichester and then, in a fit of pique decided to empty his bowels. The aroma in the car was deeply unpleasant - it was a good job that we were virtually at the Vet's when it happened. Anyway, the annual check was completed without incident and he was given a clean bill of health.

Back home we had a quiet hour with our books before I started on dinner.

No comments: