Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Cobblers

There was no hurry to get up this morning. I had cried off the football to give my knee some time to recover. All that was on the agenda was to enter the Ocado shopping list and to pop out to fill the car with petrol.

I had been expecting the delivery of some new shoes. The casual slip-ons that I had been wearing were showing serious signs of wear and the inner soles were falling apart. So much for the incredibly comfortable Sketchers. They may be comfortable, but they don't last. The new shoes, from Pavers, arrived just after breakfast. They looked very nice and I was pleased with the choice. Well, that is I was pleased until I tried them on and found that they were much too big. The problem is that the next size down is likely to be too small. The shoes were packaged up and returned.

Diane got stuck into some ironing for the first time since before her surgery. I had offered to do it, but she insisted that she should give it a try. I burrowed into the internet looking for some alternative shoes. Clarks, Hotter, Ecco, and M&S were all tried, but in the end, I selected a pair from Amazon. Let's see how well they fit when they arrive tomorrow.

Ellie and Zoe have had a day out with Kim today. They went to Worthing and clearly had a wonderful girly day at the Petite Fairytale Boutique.

It was obviously a very pink day of beauty treatments.

I can't think why I wasn't invited!



No comments: