Search This Blog

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Discount

 The day started. This was just as well because I was awake. A coffee lubricated the mind and joints and by 9 a.m. I was ready for the cousins' call. The call had no particular theme today but was 40 minutes of general chat and banter. The only time it became contentious was when Tim admitted he didn't really like Stephen Fry and I had to admit that I agreed with him. Given that Helen (like Stephen Fry) is a denizen of Norfolk, this almost caused an attack of the vapours.

After the call, Diane went shopping with Zoe. She was able to use her staff discount for the first time this month. This, apparently, saves over £70 on today's shopping. I left them to it. The thought of wandering aimlessly around various local stores did not fill me with enthusiasm. 

I spent the time completing the last of the "pre-boarding" tasks for our imminent cruise.  Then I hit the photos. There were a couple of months of photos that needed identifying and filing. With my helper code, the filing of these photos took a few seconds. The confirmation of all of the facial recognition took a bit longer.

No comments: