Search This Blog

Sunday, August 06, 2023

Cream crackered

 I was up soon after 7:00. Once awake, I see no point in staying in bed. I had football scheduled. That meant that coffee was off the menu - it has too great a diuretic effect. One cup of coffee seems to stimulate several gallons of urine just as I am ready to play football. Tea was the order of the day.

The teams seemed evenly matched. Having said that, we were soon trailing by two goals. I managed to claw those back with a couple of goals. By halftime, the score was about 5-all. In the second half, we swapped our goalie. This seemed to make the game more competitive. The game was played at a blistering pace and I was shattered by the end of it, Final score was about 12-12 and I had managed a couple more goals to chalk up 4 for the day.

Back home, I was useless. I had clearly expended my allocation of energy for the day. The afternoon was spent in the Orangery with my book and the occasional nap! By 4pm I had snapped out of my lethargy and got dinner of lamb shanks under way.

No comments: