Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 02, 2023

Yellow Weather Warning

We have been subject to a yellow weather warning for most of the day with a forecast of very high winds and torrential rain. This was enough for us to relocate our football to the indoor arena at Ford. Having said that, there was bright sunshine when I arrived and no signs of the expected rain and wind. Getting there early allowed me time to stand and chat with Rick who now owns the place. They have made a few changes since I was last there regularly - and the changes seem to have opened it up and brightened it.

The game was a typical 5-a-side until one player had to leave in the second half. Unlike Sunday we played 3-touch football. It was a good and relatively close game. I managed to score one of our goals in a 7-5 defeat. I certainly have a way to go in terms of getting back to my usual fitness levels.

The rain started as I pulled up onto the driveway. It didn't really come to much and neither did the wind. We spent some time with our books and then Diane went to measure up some trousers that needed adjusting. I took the opportunity to dig out my dinner suit and check whether I could still get into it. Despite the fact that I bought the suit for a gala dinner that Diane and I attended during an Award Trip to Bermuda in 1994, I was amazed to find that it still fitted well.



No comments: