Search This Blog

Friday, August 25, 2023

Service

We were up early. Ellie was dropped off soon after 7. Clearly, she had only just woken up and wanted to snuggle back down and grunt for a while. Eventually, she emerged and discernable words emitted from her mouth. 

After breakfast, I had to take my Fiesta to the local garage for its annual service and MOT. As it was a bright and clear morning, I decided that I didn't need a lift back. It would be a pleasant walk. It takes about 30 minutes to walk back but it was good exercise.

The rest of the morning was spent doing bits of admin and responding to questions from Ellie (who was stuck to Nana, like glue). After we had some lunch I took her out to the park, to see the ducks, and then on to another park. Unfortunately, there seemed to be nobody else around so she didn't get a chance to play with any friends.

It was a relatively quiet afternoon. Ellie was playing and watching TV. We pottered. Eventually, I had to return and collect the car. It got a clean bill of health (as expected) and the MOT certificate revealed that I had driven less than 300 miles since the last test in September 2022.

Pete came along to collect Ellie after her dinner and she has gone back with him for the weekend.

No comments: