Search This Blog

Saturday, August 05, 2023

Exploiting the Web

I was up by 7:00. I was rested and ready to go. It was pouring with rain and Jasper (having completed his early morning choir practice) had gone back to sleep. I luxuriated in the first coffee of the day and made my way through the online news feeds.

At 9:00 I had the morning call with the Empson cousins. Unfortunately, Tim wasn't on the call so the visual joke I had set up will have to wait until next week.

Much of the remainder of the morning was spent looking at options for Internet access during our cruise (and incorporating the time that we would be onshore), I think I now have a clear view of what we need to do and have set up reminders to instigate these offerings at the right time.

Early afternoon I got a call from the dry cleaners. My jackets were ready. 

I hopped in the car and set off. Just around the corner, a red and blue car pulled out. It was only as it passed that I registered that it seemed to be driven by Spiderman - in full uniform (including the mask).

Reviewing the image later, I realised that the number plate was SP02 DEY (which I guess is pretty close to Spidey).

I assume this was a children's entertainer and that we don't live near Peter Parker's retirement complex.

Zoe collected Ellie from Pete. today. Ellie had been with Pete for the last couple of weeks. Today, she was coming home. Mid-afternoon they dropped in to see us so that we could have a cuddle and a chat with Ellie, having not seen her for 2 weeks. She seems to have grown some more and was very serious as she discussed the choice of best friend to accompany us to lunch on Zoe's birthday this week.

It was lovely to see her.

No comments: